COLLEGE/CAREER READINESSHEY, LET'S TALK ABOUT YOUR FUTURE!
WELCOME TO YOUR SENIOR CCR!
Purpose of this Meeting:
- Graduation Requirements
- ACT Prep Resources
- College Application Information
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Resources
- Other Post-Secondary Options
In order to graduate you need to earn a minimum of 24 credits, including the following:
- 4.0 Language Arts
- 3.0 Science
- 3.0 Math
- 3.0 Social Science
- 1.5 Fine Arts
- 1.5 PE
- 0.5 Health
- 0.5 Computer Tech.
- 0.5 Financial Lit.
- 1.0 CTE (Career Technology Education)
- 5.5 Electives
TOTAL = 24 Credits
Options for Credit Recovery
1. UTVA Credit Recovery – Talk with your counselor
2. Northridge Learning Center ($) – https://northridgelearningcenter.com/#/home
3. Utah Online School ($) – https://utahonline.org/enroll/hs/recovery/
4. BYU Independent Study ($) – https://is.byu.edu/home
5. Local School District – Contact your local school district for possible Credit Recovery options
If you haven’t already done so, you should take (or re-take) the ACT as soon as possible!
And don’t forget about Technical Colleges! Tech schools are a great way to earn a certificate in a shorter amount of time, focused on a specific career choice! Some example programs include:
Computer Technology, Construction Technology, Emergency Services, Medical Assistant, Nurse Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Transportation Technologies, etc.
** Find a campus near you and schedule an appointment with an advisor today! **
Make sure you keep track of your deadlines!
Most college application deadlines are in the Spring 2021 – but some are as early as December 1, 2020. Don’t miss them!
***Please go to college websites for specific deadlines.***
After you’ve researched schools you’re interested in, it’s time to APPLY!
Steps to Apply for Colleges/Universities/Technical Schools:
- Go to the schools website and apply online
- Make sure to have your official transcripts sent from all previous schools
- Also send your ACT scores (some schools accept this score on your transcript, but others don’t. Make sure to ask the schools you’re applying to how they want your ACT score.)
- Pay application fee (Utah schools range from $30 – $50)
You can apply for the 2020-2021 school year starting on October 1, 2020
* This is a FREE application for Federal Student Aid.
* Fill this out ASAP because federal funds are on a “first come, first serve” basis.
***Click on a image below to access each school’s scholarship/financial aid website***
First, look at the colleges you’ve applied to for what GPA/ACT Score is required to earn their academic scholarships.
Then, check out these other great resources!
“Like” UHEAA on Facebook for up-to-date information on scholarships in Utah.
ARE YOU APPLYING FOR THE REGENTS SCHOLARSHIP?
Click here for all the information: