Welcome to Utah Virtual Academy’s
Utah Virtual Academy, A College and Career Academy
UTVA is a charter school and is subject to the rules and regulations of the Utah State Board of Education.
The Statewide Online Education Program established by the Utah Legislature in the 2011 General Session allows
students to enroll in free online classes on a part-time basis. You may take up to six online courses (6.0 total credits)
during the 2020/21 school year from UTVA.
Fill out the enrollment form for the applicable term)
20/21 Spring Enrollment Form HERE
Complete a K12 Application HERE (USE GOOGLE CHROME, and BE SURE to select “Part Time School”)
Register for FREE classes, through SEATS: HERE (Be sure to select the correct school: “Utah Virtual Academy”)
Deadlines and Master Schedule
1st Quarter: August 12th (All courses available)
2nd Quarter: October 14th ( only elective classes available, no core, AP or foreign language)
3rd Quarter: January 8th (All courses available)
4th Quarter: March 12th (only electives, no seniors, no core, AP or foreign language)
Download PDF Master Schedule HERE
SOEP Courses Offered
About our SOEP Part Time Program
About our SOEP Part Time Program
Active Participation: Our goal at UTVA is to see all students succeed. We report to the Utah State Office of Education whether or not a student is actively participating at UTVA. We have found that procrastination is never a good thing. We are implementing the following guideline for “active participation” in our Utah Virtual Academy SOEP (Part-Time) program to help motivate students to stay current with their classes. It is required that everyone currently taking an online class with us to agree with this policy to enroll.
TRADITIONAL COURSES (Teacher-lead, live classes):
These courses NOT a self-paced program. All assignments are due each week Sunday at midnight. To be considered active; students will be expected to login to their online school system (OLS) and participate in the following each week:
- At least two Academic Activities by midnight Sunday each week in each course.
- Turning in an assignment within the online course
- Taking a quiz, test, or other assessment within the online course
- At least two Class Connect Recordings and submission of class attendance in each course.
- Teachers live-class sessions are recorded and can be viewed at any time.
- After 20-days, students must achieve and maintain a minimum of 60% to be considered active
Should a student find they are unable to take part in a given week’s activities they must let their advisor know via email prior to any assignment deadline. Makeup work is accepted at the discretion of the instructor with a late penalty. Students should plan accordingly and make sure to read the schedule of deadlines listed in the course calendar.
FLEX COURSES (Computer-based, no live classes):
- Flex courses are self-paced and computer led. No LIVE instruction or recordings.
- Students can finish their flex courses as quickly as they would like, but must be done by the end of each Semester.
- Courses are set to 0% or a letter F grade from the start. Students will work toward a passing grade or higher. They can decide when they are done with the course. Once it’s complete they will inform their Advisor when they have a passing grade that they are happy with (passing is anything 60%/D or above).
RIGOROUS CURRICULUM: UTVA uses the rigorous K12 college prep curriculum. Our courses are fully accredited and aligned with the Utah Core Education requirements.
BLOCK OR SEMESTER-LENGTH CLASSES: English, Math, Science, AP Courses, and foreign language classes are taught as semester classes. History and all elective classes are taught in block format. Block-length classes are taught as a 9-week course and semester-length classes are taught in a standard 18weeks course. Both semester and block classes will be worth 0.5 credits. We do not issue 0.25 credits.
STATE REQUIREMENTS: Click on the link to see the Utah State Office of Education graduation requirements: https://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/graduationrequirements
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: The grades you receive for your classes count toward high school graduation and an official transcript will be sent to your school to be added to your high school transcript no later than 30 days after the class has ended. An official copy will also be sent to your home address.
EVENTS & CLUBS: Our part-time students are welcome to participate in both the in-person and virtual events and clubs offered to our full-time students.
MORE INFO: For more information about the Statewide Online Education Program or for a list of other online providers please visit: https://www.schools.utah.gov/edonline
FAQ's for SOEP
Part Time LYNX to Success:
- Log into your student and learning coach accounts:
- Schedule a call with an adviser:Emily Knight: 385-448-1068
Abby House: 801-698-5971
- Optional: Complete Learning Coach University (LCU):
- This is a training for learning coaches to make sure you know what your role and responsibilities are.
- As a learning coach to a part time student, you are not required to log attendance for you student, so you can skip that part of LCU.
- Link to LCU: HERE
- Account Navigation
- Family Resource Center
- Link: HERE
- Computer Requirements
- Technical Support
- Videos: HERE
- K12 Tech Support: 866-512-2273
SOEP Coordinator – Completes enrollment and Funding Paperwork
firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred communication)
801-262-4922 ext 7110
SOEP Advisor – Can help with submitting applications, selecting courses, helping with the online portal, general questions email@example.com
801-698-5971 (preferred communication)
firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred communication)
Statewide Online Education Program Specialist – Can help with SEATS information